Monday, March 24, 2008

Eggplant Patties

I've found that eggplant can be a great substitute for meat and I found this recipe somewhere online and tweaked it a bit. It's so good!

  • 1 peeled and cubed eggplant
  • 1 1/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar
  • 2 eggs slightly beaten
  • 1 Tbsp parsley
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper
  • 2 tbsp olive oil
Boil the cubed eggplant about 5 minutes, drain and mash.
Stir in the bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, parsley, garlic and s & p.
Heat oil over medium heat and shape mixture into patties.
Cook patties in oil until golden brown.

You can also use this same recipe to make *meat*balls for pasta. Instead of frying them in a pan put them in the oven at about 300 degrees coated lightly in olive oil.

My kids LOVE this recipe as patties and with pasta. A good way to get a weird veggie down their gullets!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! It's funny you posted this. I have an eggplant I have been trying to figure out what to do with. I think I'll try this recipe tomorrow. Thanks! :)